Tuesday, August 07, 2007


I’m back for awhile!


Tonight I’ll post here! My dear friend Andres is taking off a time to rest the mind. So that thus you are not without reading. I‘ll post a stretch of the spectacle “The Merchant of Venice” of Shakespeare. Ones of the parts that more I love, and one of the stretches that more taste of the spectacle:



“The Merchant of Venice”


(...)

SHYLOCK. To bait fish withal. If it will feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge. He hath disgrac'd me and hind'red me half a million; laugh'd at my losses, mock'd at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my argains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies. And what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions, fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?


If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility?

Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute; and itshall go hard but I will better the instruction.

(...)



"For a man who always had a love and hadn’t give to her his love, this man’s a poor man. For a woman who had one man who had loved her and hadn’t a chance to love her, this woman’s a poor woman. For all mankind, the beer is just the way I love! Just the way that I can see the world as the world really is: a poor world, sick ‘n dead world!" A.C.Guzzymann

No comments: